By Jiashi Yang
This quantity is meant to supply researchers and graduate scholars with the fundamental elements of the continuum modeling of electroelastic interactions in solids. A concise remedy of linear, nonlinear, static and dynamic theories and difficulties is gifted. The emphasis on formula and realizing of difficulties worthy in gadget purposes instead of answer thoughts of mathematical difficulties. the maths utilized in this publication is minimal.
This quantity is appropriate for a one-semester graduate path on electroelasticity. it may even be used as a reference for graduate scholars and researchers in mechanics and acoustics.
Read or Download An Introduction to the Theory of Piezoelectricity PDF
Best electromagnetism books
In recent times there were fascinating advancements in suggestions for generating multilayered constructions of alternative fabrics, frequently with thicknesses as small as just a couple of atomic layers. those man made buildings, referred to as superlattices, can both be grown with the layers stacked in an alternating style (the periodic case) or in keeping with another well-defined mathematical rule (the quasiperiodic case).
This booklet introduces the actual mechanism of the plastic deformation of solids, which is based primarily at the incidence and movement of dislocations. those are linear defects, particular of crystalline solids whose movement less than exterior stresses explains the relative ease in which solids (metals particularly) might be deformed that allows you to supply them wanted shapes.
The target of this publication is to introduce scholars and design-engineers to antenna layout and research utilizing the preferred advertisement electromagnetic software program FEKO. This publication is basically meant for college students operating within the box of antenna research and layout; but the wealth of hands-on layout examples awarded during this book―along with simulation details―also makes it a helpful reference for training engineers.
- The Mathematical Theory of Symmetry in Solids: Representation Theory for Point Groups and Space Groups
- Perspectives in Magnetohydrodynamics Research (Earth Sciences in the 21st Century: Space Science, Exploration and Policies)
- Introduction to Radar Systems
- Condensed matter physics
- Mechanics and Physics of Porous Solids
- Physics of Quantum Well Devices
Additional resources for An Introduction to the Theory of Piezoelectricity
3-6) makes stationary. 3-2) should be considered as constraints among the independent variables. These constraints, along with the boundary data in Equations can be removed by the method of Lagrange multipliers. 3-10) makes stationary. 3-7) has all of the fields as independent variables. Its stationary condition yields all the equations and boundary conditions. Variational principles like this are called mixed or generalized variational principles. 3-7) under translations, rotations, and scale changes, respectively.
5. 1 Four-Vector Formulation Let us define the four-space coordinate system  45 and the four-vector where subscripts p, q, r, s will be assumed to run 1 to 4. Also define the second-rank four-tensor and the fourth-rank four-tensor and all other components of where Then and Therefore, yields the homogeneous equation of motion and the charge equation. 2 Vector Potential Formulation Consider the case when there is no body charge. Since the divergence of D vanishes, we can introduce a vector potential by 46 which satisfies the divergence-free condition on D.
These constraints, along with the boundary data in Equations can be removed by the method of Lagrange multipliers. 3-10) makes stationary. 3-7) has all of the fields as independent variables. Its stationary condition yields all the equations and boundary conditions. Variational principles like this are called mixed or generalized variational principles. 3-7) under translations, rotations, and scale changes, respectively. They can be verified by direct differentiation. 3-11) are in divergence-free form and are called conservation laws.